December 15, 2021BY Admin



The Training Visa (subclass 407) enables applicants to participate in workplace-based professional training activities in Australia in order to improve their abilities for their occupations, areas of tertiary study, sectors of expertise, or in a professional training programmer.

You can use this Visa to:

Visit Australia to participate in a workplace-based training programmer (to strengthen your skills for your present occupation, tertiary study field, or field of expertise) or a professional development training programmer.

Applicants are required to

  • to be supported
  • become a nominee (unless the person who is sponsoring you is a Commonwealth Government agency)
  • will be welcomed (if the person who is sponsoring you is a Commonwealth Government agency)


Applicants are required to

How long do you think you’ll be able to stay?

This is a short-term visa. The visa is only valid for a maximum of two years.

Sponsorship and Nomination Information

  • As a temporary activities sponsor, your sponsor must be approved.
  • Your sponsor must have nominated you to take part in a vocational training programmer.

This visa covers three different forms of occupational training:

  1. Registration requires occupational training.
  2. Occupational training to increase one’s skills in a job that qualifies
  3. Occupational training for foreign capacity building. This can be in the form of an abroad qualification, government assistance, or a professional position.
  1. Occupational training is required in order to register

To obtain occupational registration, membership, or licensure, you must complete work-based training. Working in that profession in Australia or your home country requires registration, membership, or licensing.

  1. Professional training to develop abilities in a job that qualifies

Structured workplace training programmes that:

  • is properly designed and timed to the chosen person’s training needs
  • Is in relation to a skilled occupation on the list of qualifying jobs.
  • Involves a candidate with recent and relevant past experience. This can include work or school experience that demonstrates:
  • is the same of at least one year of full-time work experience in the field
  • has happened in the 24 months before the filing of the nomination
  1. Professional training for overseas capacity building

Professional training for building capacity in other countries comprises the following:

Qualification in a foreign country

Structured workplace-based training for up to 6 months in Australia for students who:

  • are currently enrolled at an educational institution in another country, and
  • To obtain their qualification, they must undergo a period of practical instruction, research, or observation.
  • The training must be properly suited to the selected person’s training needs.

Government Assistance

Workplace-based vocational training that is structured and includes:

  • A government agency in Australia’s assistance or
  • the government of the nominated trainee’s native country
  • In Australia, government agency assistance must be provided at the national or state/territory level.
  • Government must be at the national, state/territory, or provincial level in the nominated person’s home country.

The training must be properly tailored and timed to the chosen person’s training requirements.

Training and development

Professional development programmes in Australia for face-to-face teaching in a classroom or comparable setting. It is for employers from other countries to submit their managers and professionals.

What’s next?

Onshore Applicants who qualify (currently in Australia)

If you have 1 year or 2 years of full-time job experience in Australia in your nominated occupation after receiving a positive skills assessment in one of the eligible occupations mentioned above, you may be able to qualify for a Training Visa that will allow you to work full-time in Australia for up to 2 years.

Applicants from outside the United States

Check the Capacity Development Overseas section above the Professional Training section.





%d bloggers like this: