Update work stream: South Australia State and Regional Sponsors
Currently working – South Australia
The streams are divided into different categories based on your experience. For example,
- if you’re looking to move to South Australia from another state
- you might be looking to live and work in regional South Australia.
- living and working in SA as a long-term resident
Currently Living and Working in South Australia
You must be working at least 20 hours per week or 40 hours per fortnight in your nominated or closely related occupation in South Australia.
You are allowed to nominate to be paid at least $50,000 per year in your current occupation if your total annual salary is less than the weekly minimum.
- To apply for the 491 jobs in SA, you must be working for the last 6 months in South Australia unless the job states differently for your occupation.
- For applying for 190 nominations, you must have been working in South Australia for the last 12 months, unless specified otherwise for your occupation.
- If you’re a 457, 482 or 494 visa holder with more than 12 months remaining on your visa, you must provide a letter from your current employer consenting to your state nomination application.
Living and working in regional South Australia
If you are currently residing and working in regional South Australia and you are unable to meet the published requirements, you can still submit a Registration of Interest for the Talent and Innovators program.
Living and working in SA as a long-term resident
If you are not working in your nominated or closely related occupation, but you are working in other skilled occupations, you may be eligible for state nomination.
Prospective applicants who are working in their nominated or closely related occupation are invited to apply through the standard program or the Talent and Innovators program.
- For International Graduates and Partners (SA Short Term Resident stream), If you have completed working in your nominated or closely related occupation, but are not able to do so within one year due to the shortage of visas, you are still eligible to apply.
- Prospective applicants who are working in their nominated or closely related occupation are invited to apply through the standard program or the Talent and Innovators program.
- For International Graduates and Partners (SA Long Term resident stream), A 190 nomination will be considered on a discretionary basis if you are working full-time in a hospital, aged or disability care setting or an allied healthcare setting, such as a physiotherapy clinic.